Happy new year from all of us at The CFO Leadership Council.
This time of the year is one that centers on goals and resolutions and, as we prepare to plunge ahead with plans for an exciting, event packed 2016, we are also pleased to take a look back at our many accomplishments of 2015. From our new chapter additions to our outstanding professional development programs and networking events, our resources continue to help us serve as the industry’s top “go to” organization. And, as we think ahead to 2016, we would also like to take this opportunity to spotlight our most valuable asset: you! Without our esteemed members, speakers, and sponsors, we would never have been able to create such a flourishing organization and we extend a big thank you to each and every one of you.
So, let’s virtually toast our efforts and accomplishments as we take a look at some of the highlights of 2015:
- Five new chapters in Atlanta, Chicago, Jacksonville, New Jersey, and Washington, D.C. were successfully launched and are now well established for continued high quality programs and networking events. And, our chapters in New York and Philadelphia, launched in 2013 and 2014, respectively, continue to flourish.
- In response to our growing needs in Boston, we were thrilled to recruit three outstanding co-chairs for our most renowned chapter: Seana Droggitis, Senior Director of Finance at Philips Healthcare; Julius Gloeckner, Controller at Keystone Strategy; and Joe Falcao, CFO at Microline Surgical.
- As our New York chapter rapidly expanded its membership base, we were fortunate to be able to appoint prominent industry leader Bruce Cooperman, Managing Partner at Nereus Advisors, as our chair.
- In our continued efforts to execute large scale educational events, we proudly reflect on this year’s popular CFO Leadership Conference, featuring renowned speakers Major General L. Scott Rice of the Massachusetts National Guard and Massachusetts Gaming Commissioner Gayle Cameron. This full day program offered topics that our members voted as the most critical to their success and, this year, the focus was on pragmatic and practical leadership skills. But, to us, what made this event truly special was capping it off with our 4th Annual CFO Social For A Cause, giving us a chance to assist individuals who are less fortunate. While we mingled and networked following our event, we witnessed so much camaraderie as our attendees, partners, and friends expressed their generosity by donating to our chosen charity, Cradles To Crayons, an organization that provides disadvantaged children with life’s basic necessities.
- Building a winning marketing team has always been top priority for us and, in 2015, we had the opportunity to recruit and hire a highly talented and well-respected group of professionals. Outstanding new employees include Marketing Directors Mia Rommel (Washington, D.C.) , Dale Miller (Chicago), and Stacy Hall, who will serve our recently established Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego chapters. Also joining our team this year were Northeast Regional Director Angela Tise and Southeast Regional Director Jennifer Langley, who, prior to this role, served as our Marketing Director extraordinaire for both Atlanta and Jacksonville. And, on a personal note as our newest blog writer, I am honored to be on board with such an amazing group, as I follow the high standards that President Becky Blackler previously set in this role to deliver our most timely news, information, and event recaps.
- Finally, last but not least, as we think back to our humble beginnings in Boston 10 years ago, we realize how fortunate we are to have a dedicated core team that continues to strive for excellence by promoting talent from within. Effective as of January 1, Boston Marketing Director Kristin Todd will begin her new role as Senior Marketing Director, overseeing all internal nationwide communication programs. In addition, Becky Blackler and Founder Jack McCullough continue to provide us with the leadership that has always paved the way for our success and growth. In fact, 2015 marked a career turning point for both of them, with Becky’s promotion from Executive Director to President and Jack’s decision to join us in a full-time capacity this past August. And, as they continue to devote their time and talents to delivering the stellar programs that our members expect and deserve, Jack and Becky look forward to perfecting an organization in which we can all take pride.
We are confident that 2016 will be a year filled with many wonderful opportunities for all of us and we hope that you are as excited as we are. In addition to our regular speaker events, CFO conference, and “meet and greet” socials, we look forward to the inaugural programs of our four newest chapters in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and Houston, as well as the launching of six additional chapters later in the year. Further details will follow, so be sure to check out our blog regularly for the latest CFO Leadership Council happenings.
Wishing all of you a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year. Here’s to new horizons!