Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights and takeaways.
On December 8, our Minneapolis/Saint Paul chapter presented Building High Performance Teams, a panel discussion focusing on the best ways for business leaders to navigate the challenges of recruiting, developing, and retaining top tier talent.
Our Expert Speakers Were:
Here’s What They Advised Us:
- Be prepared with a strategy to attract the best talent.
- When using an external staffing service, get involved with the whole process.
- Create an environment that allows employees to contribute.
- Appreciation is very important and knowing how employees want to be recognized is key.
- People don’t leave jobs. They leave bosses.
- When considering compensation, think about the total package of rewards, including benefits, professional development, and company culture.
- Evaluate employees more than once a year.
- Nurture a culture that allows for failure. You can’t innovate without it.
- Put customers first by connecting innovation to business improvement.
- Help to form diverse, cohesive teams that align with the company’s purpose.
- Diversity of thought is crucial
- Include plenty of post training follow up to make sure that new ideas are implemented.
- Focus less on performance reviews and more on team and leadership development.
- Define core values.
- Figure out the best ways to connect with employees.
- Utilize technology
- Build trust with open communication
- Keep in mind that every leader is being watched – always!
If you would like further references on this topic, check out our archived blogs:
For details about the Minneapolis/Saint Paul CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Mary Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, don’t miss out on our next chapter event on February 16, Disruptive Technology.