Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights.
On December 14, our Boston chapter presented The State of the Economy, a program focusing on how CFOs can best deal with an evolving economic environment in the face of a new presidential administration. Enlightening us on this topic was:
Here’s What She Advised Us:
- Economic performance hinges on scaling back immigration and trade policies promised on the campaign trail.
- Reducing regulation and executing a PPP for infrastructure could impact 2017 GDP by a few percentage points.
- Tax changes are unlikely to go into effect until 2018 and, therefore, would impact GDP in 2018 and beyond.
- We are already near full employment and have debt to GDP levels over 100%, limiting the near-term upside to households
- The unknowns are still significant and forecasting will be an ongoing exercise.
For further information, check out Constances’ full presentation, Can The Economy Switch To A New Track?
For details about the Boston CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Caroline Boyce at email@example.com. And, don’t miss out on our next chapter event on February 8, Technology For The Finance Executive