Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights and takeaways.
On March 21, our Dallas chapter presented The Expanding Role of the CFO, a panel discussion focusing on the skill sets and techniques needed for success.
Our Expert Speakers Were:
Here’s What They Advised Us:
- Realize that times have changed. Four years ago CFOs were spending 75% of their time on financials, now it’s about 25%.
- Build an effective and supportive team by identifying where your direct hires can step in and grow. And, be sure that they have a runway for success.
- As a CFO, you have the ability to see the business in a more dynamic way, so bring the operational side to the financials
- Organizational culture is very important. Hire only those who best fit in.
- To be most successful, you must get along with your CEO. It is not necessary to agree all the time, but you should have the same vision.
- Be sure that everyone has the same facts as you do. This certainty levels the playing field and creates room for mutual respect and understanding.
- Shed your responsibilities and get more involved. However, don’t try to do it all!
- Be curious and focus on what excites you about the business.
For further details about the Dallas CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Erin Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, don’t miss out on our next event on April 18, Managing High Growth: The Risks, Rewards and ROI of Technology Investments.