Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights and takeaways.
On April 4, our New Jersey chapter presented Emerging Tech/Social Media: The Millennials’ Impact On Your Business, a panel discussion focusing on how a new generation is playing into today’s corporate world.
Our Expert Speakers Were:
Here’s What They Told Us:
- In general, millennials expect rapid progression in their careers, relying strongly on current technologies.
- As a new approach to performance management and peer reviews, many companies are now utilizing mobile apps and on-demand feedback systems.
- Because a large number of younger employees often want to work in team environments and support networks, many of them favor non-commission positions with base salaries.
- Retaining millennials for more than 2 years can be challenging. To address this issue, companies need to offer ample training and development, as well as fresh opportunities, flexible hours, relaxed dress codes, and the chance to work remotely.
- Millennials do not want to be micro managed, but it is important to give senior staff a chance to mentor them.
- Most social media platforms are not a fit for business use, but employees should not be prevented from posting about their companies on their personal accounts. As an employer, it is important to respect confidentiality while paying attention to what is being said about your business and, if needed, be ready to address relevant issues that directly affect your corporate reputation.
For details about the New Jersey CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Debbie Lindner at firstname.lastname@example.org. And, don’t miss out on our next chapter event on May 9, How Much Risk Is In Your Risk Management .