With only a few short weeks until our 2017 CFO Performance Conference on May 11, the countdown has begun! Kicking off the conference, we are honored to have Renae Flanders, CFO of Aon Risk Solutions, as our morning keynote.
Known for her impressive leadership and financial strategies, she has driven Aon through five consecutive years of expansion, delivering high margins within the organization, despite a challenging revenue environment.
And, as Aon continues its enhanced performance across all of its business units, Renae maintains a very hands-on approach, consistently providing interactive business updates through live broadcasts with the company’s CEO.
In addition to completing Aon’s Executive Pinnacle Program at the University of Chicago’s Booth School of Business, Renae received a Women of Distinction award from the Philadelphia Business Journal and participated in the publication’s “Meet your Mentor”, part of the 2016 Bizwomen “Mentoring Monday” series. She is also a member of both the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the PA Institute of Certified Public Accountants, and holds an MBA from St. Joseph’s University and a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Pittsburgh.
At our conference, Renae will be joined by CFO Leadership Council Founder Jack McCullough as they kick off the morning with an enlightening discussion on Managing Explosive Growth One Step At A Time. This fireside chat will draw upon her experiences fueling Aon’s expansion within the global insurance marketplace.
As a preview, here are some of her thoughts and advice about the pathway to company success:
- The best finance teams are not just numbers oriented, they are business partners. Insist on a seat at the table and make sure that you have a team comprised of both thinkers and doers.
- Know your numbers, as they are the table stakes.
- A finance team must have a strong understanding of how its firm thinks about growth and value. This knowledge helps to drive factual decisions based on metrics.
- Take the “emotion” out of ideas and utilize sound financial discipline.
- Find the right people to drive growth.
Interested in learning more? Join us on Thursday, May 11 and take advantage of the opportunity to get first hand advice from the best of the best, with tips on supporting expansion, nurturing corporate culture, and discovering new initiatives. Register now!