We promised and we delivered! Our May 11 CFO Performance Conference exceeded all expectations, attracting more members from outside of the Boston area than ever before. In the words of CFO Leadership Council President Becky Blacker, “It was a fantastic success – the content was on point, our speakers were superb, and our attendees were delighted”.
See for yourself in the days ahead, as we offer you our conference snip-it blogs, highlighting and recapping all of our programs.
Our event kicked off with Managing Explosive Growth One Step At A Time, an interesting conversation led by CFO Leadership Council Founder Jack McCullough and keynote speaker Renae Flanders, CFO of US Retail at Aon Risk Solutions.
Focusing on Aon’s expansion within the global insurance marketplace, here are some of Renae’s words of wisdom pertaining to her company’s success:
- It is built on acquisitions, with more than $1 billion spent each year.
- With the relocation of more than 22,000 employees, the divestiture of benefits administration to Blackstone presented the opportunity for leadership in risk retirement health.
- An important focus is on overall health and wellness of employees, with the best coverage at the lowest cost.
- Buyers and sellers are brought together, allowing customers to make the most suitable decisions about healthcare exchanges.
- Each year, 65-75 early career development employees are hired.
- 49% of the company’s European workforce is made up of millennials.
As for Renae’s overall general advice, she stated:
- Take the “emotion” out of ideas and utilize sound financial discipline.
- Always adhere to the “clients first” philosophy.
- Understand risk.
- Embrace technology.
- Consider PR branding.
And, there’s more! Stay tuned for additional conference recap blogs, as well as details on our May 2018 conference.