Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights and takeaways.
On May 16, our Dallas chapter presented Working With Boards, an enlightening panel discussion focusing on the strategies and approaches that CFOs can use to enhance the skills needed for this crucial relationship.
Our Expert Speakers Were:
Here’s What They Advised Us:
- Get involved in the member selection process.
- Nurture and leverage relationships to help sustain board tenure.
- Develop solid working comraderie so that board members will go to bat for you.
- Don’t go to your board for approval on everything. Decide what’s most important and prioritize.
- Always attend meetings with back up financial data.
- Be 100% open about any mistakes made.
- Make sure that your CEO knows about any new operation changes before you present them to the board so that you can avoid major miscommunications and misunderstandings.
For details about the Dallas CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Erin Gardner at email@example.com. And, don’t miss out on our next event on June 20, Budgeting And Forecasting Strategies.