Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights and takeaways.
On June 15, The Houston CFO Leadership Council presented Globalization 2.0: The Tax And Financial Implications Of Operating A Global Business. Focusing on the resulting effects of international taxes, transfer pricing, VAT issues, and base erosion profit sharing, our panelists shared their advice and input on formulating the best global tax strategies.
Our Expert Speakers Were:
Here’s What They Advised Us:
- Document everything, with the understanding that rules are changing constantly.
- Get local perspectives and interpretations of overseas rules.
- Never underestimate the cost and time of doing business internationally and keep up to date on employment regulations and requirements.
- Have confidence in your ability to move money around.
- Be sure that you know the currency and exchange rate with which you will be doing transactions.
- Be cognizant of local taxes.
- Develop a firm understanding of local rules and filing requirements.
- Determine where profits go, based on risk, assets, and functions.
Seek counsel before you close any deal.
For details about The Houston CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Erin Gardner at email@example.com. And, don’t miss out on our next program, Managing A Multi-Generational Workforce, scheduled for Thursday, September 21. Registration will be available soon, so stay tuned to our website for further information.