Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights and takeaways.
On June 20, The Dallas CFO Leadership Council presented Budgeting And Forecasting Strategies, a panel discussion featuring CFOs from both public and private companies offering tips and advice from their own experiences.
Our Expert Speakers Were:
Here’s What They Advised Us:
- Take complete ownership of your budget.
- For most industries, forecasting beyond three years is almost impossible because of how quickly everything changes.
- Be up front when you know that you’re going to go over budget.
- Be honest with your lender.
- Be sure to give the approvers of your budget ample time to review and consider it.
- Establish and communicate your budget before any spending and planning take place.
- Help everyone to understand the value that they add and how they impact the budget.
- Think ahead about the questions and concerns of your team.
- Be a storyteller of numbers.
- Implement strong KPI reporting so that you can gage how forecasting is going and foresee any potential problems.
- Advise your CEO when an opportunity is not right.
- Sometimes it’s easier to fail quickly with a budget so that you can correct everything and move forward.
For details about the Dallas CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Erin Gardner at email@example.com. And, don’t miss out on our next program, Transitioning from Accounting To Finance, on Tuesday, September 19. Registration will be available soon, so stay tuned to our website for further information.