Not able to attend some of our events? Interested in finding out what you missed? Let us be your “go to” resource for program highlights and takeaways.
On June 8,The Austin CFO Leadership Council presented Working With Boards, a panel discussion focusing on the best practices and tactics to nurturing sound relationships.
Our Expert Speakers Were:
Here’s What They Advised Us:
- When selecting board members, focus on diversity of experience and mission alignment.
- Check for conflicts of interest every six months or sooner.
- Don’t take money from people if you don’t want their opinion.
- If boards become too operational and don’t understand that they are supposed to be strategic, you lose ground.
- Be accurate, but strategic, with your meeting minutes as they could be used against your company in court.
- Be aware of what you put into presentations.
- If you hear something that is illegal in the boardroom and don’t say anything, then you are complicit.
- Be on the same page with your CEO before a board meeting.
- Be brief, be bright, be gone!
If you would like a comprehensive synopsis of this event, please refer to one of our recent blogs, Why Board Relations Matter And How To Maintain Them, contributed by the program moderator Mike Dansby of Consero.
For details about The Austin CFO Leadership Council, take a look at our chapter page or contact Erin Gardner at email@example.com. And, don’t miss out on our next program, The Art of Leadership, on Thursday, September 14. Registration will be available soon, so stay tuned to our website for further information.