The chief financial officer must be the most ethical person in his or her company. Each stakeholder of a company – employee, investor, management, customers, suppliers, and the greater community – relies on the CFO for integrity and transparency. As such, it is not surprising that the CFOs are more likely than other employees to face ethical dilemmas in the course of executing their responsibilities.
Join us at The 2018 CFO Leadership Conference, May 9-10, 2018, for a session on Ethics & Integrity in Leadership, presented by Jill Brown, Ph.D., Harold S. Geneen Research Professor of Corporate Governance, Bentley University.
During this lively conversation, we’ll dive into the slippery slope that CFOs face on a daily basis, and practical methods to navigate flawlessly while leading with ethics and integrity in the forefront.
We encourage you to read a few of the articles that Professor Brown has published in this area, including:
- “So Investors Care About Director Tenure?” (Organization Science, April 2017)
- The United Nations Global Compact: Engaging Implicit and Explicit CSR for Global Governance (Journal of Business Ethics, February 2018)
- Moral Salience and the Role of Goodwill in Firm-Stakeholder Trust Repair (Business Ethics Quarterly, April 2016)
About Our Speaker
Jill A. Brown (Ph.D. University of Georgia) is an Associate Professor of Management and the Harold S. Geneen Research Professor of Corporate Governance at Bentley University. Her published research focuses on strategic leadership, including areas of corporate social responsibility, corporate governance and ethics. She is co-author of the 10th edition of a widely used textbook on ethics called Business and Society: Ethics and Stakeholder Management (Cengage Publishers). She is an editor at the Journal of Business Ethics, among other journals, and she is the current Program Chair for the Social Issues in Management division of the Academy of Management. Prior to her career in academe, she was a commercial banker and small business consultant.
Are You Registered Yet?
Are you registered to attend our 2018 CFO Leadership Conference? If not, you should be! Please go here to check out our tickets and get yourself signed up.
- A Little Good Goes a Long Way – Join Us In Granting Some Wishes This Year
- Inspire Employee Engagement and Inspire Customer Loyalty Through Servant Leadership
- What Kind of Leader Do You Want To Be? Join Us For The 2018 CFO Leadership Conference