Careers with The CFO Leadership Council
The CFO Leadership Council is a community of senior financial executives, dedicated to developing strong professional contacts at all levels.
Our community is a diverse, nationwide group of leaders from all industries who come together to help solve each other’s challenges and celebrate successes. For the last decade, we have taken pride in our reputation as an entrepreneurial, creative organization that develops cutting-edge development programs, focusing on a wide range of topics, chosen exclusively by our members. Through the years, our impressive list of speakers has included experts from a variety of industries, including law enforcement personnel, military officials, venture capitalists, Fortune 500 leaders, renowned professors, and top entrepeneurs.
As we continue to grow our team and national network, we are looking for talented professionals to fill the following positions:
Currently hiring in our Boston chapter.
We are searching for a marketing director to help strengthen our brand, promote our programs and support our local members and sponsors. The position is available in our Boston chapter.
We pride ourselves on our responsiveness, flexibility, and understanding when it comes to our members, sponsors, and partners, and our marketing directors play a critical role in this. As our first-in-line support, our marketing directors handle member and sponsor requests, tailor promotions and content to fit the culture of our individual chapters, assist in the development of innovative CFO-driven programs, and immediately escalate issues to group leadership as required.
This role is our brand ambassador, our cheerleader, and our major chapter support system.
- Serve as administrative support to chapter leadership.
- Provide pre- and post-event administrative and marketing support for all local CFO Leadership Council chapter events.
- Assist Steering Committee members in program development, including speaker invitations, arranging speaker conference calls, organizing event materials and providing regular updates to chapter leadership.
- Staff all onsite CFO Leadership Council meetings.
- Write monthly chapter e-newsletters, weekly member promotions, event program descriptions, individual promotions, program articles, and more.
- Support chapter membership recruitment drives and intermittent member requests.
- Support chapter sponsors, including intermittent promotions through CFO Leadership Council marketing vehicles to chapter members.
- Administrate chapter Steering Committee meetings, including the transcribing and dissemination of meeting minutes.
- Events management experience, including venue negotiation and logistics arrangements, attendee management, speaker arrangements and onsite support.
- Content development experience, including e-newsletters, educational articles, promotional emails, etc.
- Experience with marketing systems, including Eventbrite, Mailchimp, and HubSpot are preferred.
- Experience working with a membership association or with finance executives preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and nurture executive-level network.
- Proven ability to work in a virtual environment.
This is a part-time position. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Specialist Job Summary
We are seeking a creative, forward-thinking, and organized social media specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will interact with targeted virtual communities and network users to promote our products and provide customer care services to new audiences. You must be able to create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms as well as act quickly and gracefully to resolve any customer complaints or criticisms posted on social media.
Social Media Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling
- Assist with crisis management, bad reviews, and negative news communications
- Generate, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML)
- Build meaningful connections and encourage community members through dialog and messaging
- Create and maintain company social media pages and profiles
- Moderate user-generated content and messages appropriately, based on company and community policies
- Create and implement social media marketing plan and editorial calendar
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach
Social Media Specialist Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing and social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Knowledge of project management and web design best practices
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
The Regional Director will provide leadership to the Denver, Salt Lake and Las Vegas chapters. Roles include driving chapter growth in terms of members and sponsors, working collaboratively with CFO’s in program creation and execution, and leading the each chapter’s steering committee.
Marketing & Strategic Partnerships Manager
This role includes supporting the sponsor relationship process and the marketing efforts to expand our virtual content offerings.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast, growing professional organization who empowers its team to be their best and grow personally and professionally, we are looking for you! The CFOLC Regional Director is looking for the Marketing Associate who knows how to utilize time effectively. This Marketing Associate must have high energy, a “get it done” attitude, and should be willing to learn and take on new challenges when needed. This is a virtual position, so the perfect candidate needs to be comfortable working autonomously and collaborating virtually. We are looking for a contractor who can give us a full time focus. The position requires that special person who has focus and attention to detail while knowing how to prioritize the workload and have fun while doing it!
- Comfortable with technology (i.e. Microsoft office) and utilizing social media specifically LinkedIn
- Creative and strong writer
- Comfortable in a support role
- Resourceful with a sense of urgency
- Excellent People skills
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
- Serve as administrative support to the Regional Director in NYC, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington D.C. and Detroit, MI
- Provide pre-event support for all scheduled regional chapter events, including:
- Assist the Marketing Director in scheduling conference calls to discuss initial program development and speaker calls
- Assist in Monitoring progress of educational l programs planned, including speaker bookings and marketing material development (including program descriptions and CPE approval )
- Assist in setting event logistics with hosting company, including attendee list delivery, name badge creation, food orders, room setup and A/V .
- Send promotions for public events once a week via email; participate in promotions via CFO LC social media accounts
- Send reminder emails to all registered attendees for each event
- Monitor event attendee list; remove and cancel ineligible attendees
- Create name badges for meeting for region’s chapter events
- Manage CPE signature process
- Track attendees and no-shows for each program
- Send follow -up emails within 24 hours of each program
- Prepare and send post-event surveys to program attendees
- Provide assistance where needed for membership recruitment and support services, including:
- Answer member emails requesting information as needed
- Support membership recruitment drives through email and social media promotions
- Prepare and send membership surveys as needed
- Advise the Regional Director as issues or concerns arise
- Provide chapter sponsor support, including:
- Respond to sponsor requests for information as needed
- Assist in supporting sponsorship promotional needs through social media avenues
- Assist in ensuring that our sponsors are receiving their contractual benefits, including attendance to events, guest passes
- Advise the Regional Marketing Director as issues or concerns arise
- Provide assistance on larger CFO LC marketing projects as requested, including membership resources
subscribe to our blog
Our published resources, news, and upcoming events, all in one place!